Published by MB for RM and DS, April 15, 2018
The Del Monte Trophy Race Group
for 1947 – 1955 Sports Racing
and Production GT Race Cars
Update on the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, August 23-26 2018…
Acceptance letters are out and we’re again group 2a … Saturday. There will be some added and some dropped out … such is the process.
- We’re scheduled to start working with SCRAMP re paddock plan
- Dedicated row “again” with focus on presentation…
- We’re working on display space for OSCAs (featured at the PB Concourse) and Hagemann cars …
We want to name our row … any ideas?
- Row graphics … aka signage
- We’ll put down a welcome mat as last year …. a ground graphic … “START”.
- It was a door opener, well received and we’ll do it again.We added 8 additional graphics of “racing in the day” last year …
- An offer for you! … we will get images you have of “racing in the day” printed by our printer. Cost to you will be about $50 per graphic. Great home garage art when not on your EZ Up. If you don’t have pictures … we have images that you could sponsor.
Support for SCRAMP initiatives
- Paddock tour: very much appreciate small groups of guests are escorted around the paddock.
- We’ll provide “notes” on racing in the day and cars on our row.
- Also, one of us will be on duty as the groups come around to tell the story of racing in the day and the cars
SCRAMP media plans
- We’ve provided “notes” on cars for announcers the last three years.
- There will again be live video stream of races … we’ll provide info packets
- Magazine interviews: we reach out and SCRAMP direct publications to us
- We’ll be reaching out for short statements on your cars
Two wave start …
- Actually we’d position small bore cars 5-8 seconds behind as we go thru 11 on out lap
- We’ve long had a view of “> and < 2L cars racing thru turn 2” at the start … context!
- This is as much for us drivers as a spectacle for the show … several operations issues. We’ll try again!
- SCRAMP will cut back on trophies they present this year
- We’d like to initiate awards sponsored by our group for our group presented during our post event wine and cheese!
- An idea: Two perpetual trophies … one for each sub group. Trophy with 10-12” wood base with both racers of the day (Pebble Beach races) and current awardees.
- What do are your thoughts? … We’ve gotten several comments on such over the last couple years
DMTRG Washington, Oregon, NorCal 2019 Series *
- Last year we were contacted …. during and after the Reunion … about “can we bring our theme and cars” to other vintage race groups …. regarding other events in NorCal, Washington, Oregon
- We’d work to get paddock places, promoted as a feature group, hotel discounts, etc
- Best for us … to get more 47-55 cars to come out and join the party. We’d also press for sponsorship by an “industry” player for “support”
- Current thinking is an event in Seattle / Kent, one in Portland, 2 at Sonoma and Pre / ReUnions at Laguna Seca.
- If enough of “us all” are interested we’d start pushing on magazines and race groups across the US to recruit.
- Consider this a bucket list series … we’d start pushing on the topic if we could find 12 – 16 “of us” that would “plan” to do 4 of the 6 events. Tell us if you’d be interested! No commitment at this time but if you’re interested drop a note to Rob or Doug and we’ll keep you current on our progress.
* DMTRG: Del Monte Trophy Race Group